Monday, June 13, 2016

What I Think I'm Doing


 I've been working on the pieces in "Launched: Hullabaloo on the Space Coast" (the current title) for the past half dozen years, and many of them have been published previously in semi-obscure literary journals. But who reads semi-obscure literary journals? I know some of you do, and I (and they) appreciate it. But I want a bigger audience, so here you go. 

I abandoned this blog in 2012 but now I'm back. I'm seeing the format as a more flexible platform than print in that I can play with the text, comment on it, update, run counter narratives, and make up new stuff. It's primarily nonfiction combined with imagination. I'll be doling it out in installments.

I promise not too many rocket allusions, but I will say that "engines are fired" and the gantry is falling away.

 Who She Is
Linda Buckmaster has lived within a block of the Atlantic most of her life, growing up in “Space Coast” Florida during the Fifties and Sixties and being part of the back-to-the-land movement in midcoast Maine in the Seventies. 

Her poetry, essay, and fiction have appeared in over thirty journals, and one of her pieces was listed as a Notable Essay in “Best American Essays 2013.” Former Poet Laureate of her small town of Belfast, Maine, she enjoys collaborating with visual artists and performers. Her monograph “Northern Run” with Book Artist Jan Owen is in the collection of the Center for Book Arts, University of Southern Maine. She has read and performed her work locally and internationally, and has held residencies at Vermont Studios Center, Atlantic Center for the Arts, and Obras Foundation, among others. She teaches in the University of Maine System and has an MFA in Creative Writing from the Stonecoast program of the University of Southern Maine. 

Linda writes about Florida, boomer women, life in Maine, and whatever else comes to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment